Stretch marks are caused when the dermis is torn or damaged by the skin expanding too fast. That can happen because of rapid growth in the body during pregnancy or puberty or it can happen to bodybuilders and those who gain extra weight quickly. Surges in hormonal levels during puberty and pregnancy can also cause them to develop more quickly. Fresh ones are normally red or purple in color and they fade to white over time. Getting rid of stretch marks fast involves early treatment and therapy. Once they turn white, they are so much harder to get rid of.
10 Strategies for How to Get Rid of Stretch Marks Fast...
1. Reduce Weight - It is possible to get rid of these marks by returning the skin to its original size. This works well for women who developed them during pregnancy. Having said all that, to get rid of stretch marks fast, just work on reducing your body weight to what it was prior to the pregnancy.
2. Massage Treatment - Massage techniques improve the circulation and blood flow and combined with the pressure applied during the massage can help to break down scar tissue.
3. Tan Your Hide - The scars from the stretch marks will tan at about the same rate as the rest of the skin and make the stretch marks much less obvious. Remember to use a high protection factor sunscreen, the tan will take longer but the skin won't get damaged. Some people are under the belief that actual sun tanning doesn't work and they recommend self-tanners and tanning products rather than an actual suntan.
4. Regularly Exfoliate - Exfoliate the skin every day using a natural exfoliating essential oil like tea tree oil and an applicator that is mildly abrasive like a brush or sponge. This will wear down the scar tissue over time and allow new and healthy skin to grow.
5. Vapor Rub - Vic's Vapor Rub has been used successfully by a lot of people to fade their stretch marks. It should be applied vigorously with a mildly abrasive cloth every evening for a couple of weeks.
6. Vitamin E Oil - Liquid vitamin E is a natural skin repairer and will help greatly if applied on a daily basis for a few weeks
7. Vitamin Supplements - Taking a supplement of vitamins A, C and E will help to keep the skin elastic so that it repairs itself faster.
8. Lotions, Creams or Gels - There are a very wide variety of natural and holistic lotions and creams that can be used to get rid of stretch marks fast. Perhaps the best-known one is cocoa butter. Some other valuable folk remedies for stretch marks include aloe vera, rose hip oil, jojoba oil, emu oil, castor oil, and Shea butter.
9. Time Is Your Ally - I know, this is kind of cheating, but it's true! Time is one of the best weapons against these nasty little marks, and the best part -- you don't have to lift a finger!
10. Use Makeup to Hide Them - Yes, I cheated again, get over it already. The simple fact in the matter is that hiding these scars is a viable and highly recommended option! Simple make-up and cosmetic products can be used to cover up these scars on a temporary basis.